Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Junkie
While driving in the car the other day, my friend mentioned a horrible accident and the outcomes of the victims. As the other friends (who don't work in hospitals) discussed, my friend the RN and me, the ER Ward Clerk had a conversation that went something like this.

"Man, that sucks"
"Yeah, but you can't tell me that you wouldn't have liked to have been there"
"Imagine being in the trauma room with something like that, I mean, that's a real Emergency. I could have totally rocked the trauma room with that."
"I hear you. I would have loved to have seen it. Why doesn't anything like that happen in our hospital?"
"Good point, it sucks that it's happening, but really, if it is going to happen, why not on my shift in my hospital?"

It's not that we're wishing bad things to happen. I think it's that we both feel an overwhelming desire to help when they do happen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home